When it comes to personal safety and well-being, a well-equipped first aid or medical kit is a must-have. Whether you’re an adventurer, a parent, or just someone who likes to be prepared, the right tools can make all the difference in an emergency. Here’s a breakdown of 18 items to build a high quality medical kit.
>>> View the Med Kit Shopping List <<<
Protection & Storage:
- Pelican Vault Case (for Med Kit): Durable container to protect and organize medical supplies.
- Nitrile-Vinyl Blend Exam Gloves: Ensure sterile treatment and protect hands from contaminants.
Tools & Equipment:
- EMT and Trauma Shears: Designed to cut through clothing or materials quickly during emergencies.
- Stainless Steel Tweezers: Precise tool for removing splinters or foreign objects.
- Multi-Tool: Versatile instrument for various emergency needs, from cutting to fixing.
- First Aid Splint: Provides support and immobilization for fractured or injured limbs.
- Duct Tape: Multi-use adhesive for wound closure, blister prevention, and equipment repair.
Allergic Reactions & Pain Management:
- Cetirizine (Antihistamine): Relieves allergy symptoms or reactions, ensuring comfort.
- Individually Wrapped Ibuprofen: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug to reduce pain, inflammation, and fever.
- Anti-Itch Cream (Hydrocortisone): Topical cream to soothe skin irritations or rashes.
Wound Care & Treatment:
- Triple Antibiotic Ointment: Prevents infections in minor wounds, promoting faster healing.
- QuikClot Gauze: Specialized gauze that accelerates blood clotting for bleeding wounds.
- First Aid Powder for Blood Clotting: Aids in rapid clotting for excessive bleeding.
- Medical Gauze (Individually Wrapped): Sterile material to clean and dress wounds.
- Single use Super Glue: Temporarily seals minor cuts or wounds, acting as a protective barrier.
- Leukotape P (Medical Tape): Strong adhesive tape to secure dressings or bandages.
- Antiseptic Towelettes Wipes (individually packaged): Sterilize and clean wounds, ensuring a clean environment for treatment.
- Chest Seal Non-Vented Adhesive Dressing for Open Chest Injury: Specifically designed to treat and seal open chest wounds.
- Elastic Bandage Wraps: Provides compression and support to injured areas, aiding in recovery.
Energy & Hydration:
- Essential Electrolytes: Restore the body’s electrolyte balance, crucial during dehydration.
- Glucose Gel Packs: Provide a quick energy boost during low blood sugar episodes.
- Grade A Honey Packets: Natural, long-form source of energy and also acts as a wound dressing due to its antibacterial properties.
- Single-Handed Spinning Tourniquet: Rapidly controls severe bleeding.
- Foil Mylar Thermal Blanket: Designed to retain body heat, preventing hypothermia in cold environments.
Pelican Vault Case (for Med Kit)
The Pelican Vault Case is more than just a container. It’s a robust and durable protector designed to shield the contents inside from external factors. Its sturdy construction ensures that the medical supplies remain safe from physical damage, moisture, and dust. Especially if you’re traveling or venturing into rugged environments, having a reliable case for your med kit is crucial. It ensures that the contents remain sterile and ready for use when needed.
EMT and Trauma Shears
EMT and Trauma Shears are essential in a med kit for the following reasons:
- Efficient Cutting: They are designed to quickly and efficiently cut through a variety of materials, including clothing, belts, and even thin metals, allowing for rapid access to injuries.
- Safety: Their blunted tip ensures that the patient isn’t accidentally injured when cutting away clothing or other materials close to the skin.
- Durability: Made to handle the rigors of emergency situations, they are typically more robust and durable than regular scissors.
- Versatility: Beyond cutting clothing, they can be used to cut bandages, medical tape, or other materials needed in first aid scenarios.
- Ease of Use: Their design allows for easy use even with gloves on, which is often the case in emergency medical situations.
Stainless Steel Tweezers
Stainless Steel Tweezers are a valuable addition to a med kit for the following reasons:
- Precision: They allow for the precise removal of foreign objects such as splinters, thorns, glass shards, or insect stingers from the skin.
- Durability: Being made of stainless steel, they are rust-resistant and long-lasting, ensuring they remain effective over time.
- Sterilization: Stainless steel can be easily sterilized, reducing the risk of introducing infections when using the tweezers on wounds or sensitive areas.
- Versatility: Beyond removing foreign objects, they can be used to handle small dressings, sutures, or other tiny medical items with precision.
- Safety: Their pointed design allows for accurate targeting, ensuring minimal discomfort to the patient and reducing potential damage to surrounding tissues.
Having Essential Electrolytes in a med kit is crucial for the following reasons:
- Rehydration: Electrolytes help restore the body’s fluid balance, especially after excessive sweating, diarrhea, or vomiting, which can lead to dehydration.
- Bodily Functions: Electrolytes, such as sodium, potassium, and calcium, play vital roles in maintaining heart rhythm, muscle contractions, and nerve function.
- Prevent Electrolyte Imbalance: An imbalance can lead to symptoms like muscle cramps, fatigue, dizziness, and irregular heartbeat. Providing a quick source of essential electrolytes can help prevent or treat these conditions.
- Rapid Absorption: In emergency situations, especially when oral hydration might be slow, electrolyte solutions can be absorbed quickly, providing immediate relief.
A multi-tool is a valuable addition to a med kit for several reasons:
- Versatility: A multi-tool combines various instruments, such as knives, scissors, pliers, and screwdrivers, into one compact device, allowing users to address a range of situations beyond just medical emergencies.
- Emergency Adaptability: In certain scenarios, you might need to cut materials, tighten screws, or perform other tasks to aid an injured person or ensure safety. A multi-tool provides the necessary functions to do so.
- Space-Saving: Instead of carrying multiple individual tools, a multi-tool consolidates them into one device, saving space in the med kit for other essential items.
- Durability: Most multi-tools are designed to be sturdy and long-lasting, ensuring they can handle the rigors of emergency situations.
- Quick Access: In emergencies, time is of the essence. Having multiple tools in one device ensures quick access to various functions without the need to search for individual tools.
Triple Antibiotic Ointment
Having Triple Antibiotic Ointment in a med kit is beneficial for the following reasons:
- Infection Prevention: The ointment contains three antibiotics that work together to prevent bacterial infections in minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
- Promotes Healing: By keeping the wound environment moist and free from harmful bacteria, the ointment can accelerate the body’s natural healing process.
- Pain Reduction: Some formulations of the ointment also have mild analgesic properties, which can help reduce pain or discomfort from minor injuries.
- Barrier Formation: The ointment can act as a protective barrier, keeping out dirt and other potential contaminants that might introduce infections.
- Easy Application: It’s simple to apply and doesn’t require any special preparation, making it a convenient and user-friendly option for immediate wound care.
Glucose Gel Packs
Glucose Gel Packs are a valuable addition to a med kit for several compelling reasons:
- Rapid Response to Hypoglycemia: The primary purpose of glucose gel packs is to quickly address hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) events, which can be life-threatening. People with diabetes or those who experience hypoglycemia can have sudden drops in their blood sugar, leading to symptoms like dizziness, confusion, shakiness, and even unconsciousness. The fast-acting carbohydrates in glucose gels can provide an immediate source of glucose to the bloodstream.
- Easy and Safe Administration: Glucose gels are designed for sublingual administration (under the tongue) where they can be rapidly absorbed. This is particularly useful if someone is semi-conscious and cannot safely swallow food or drink, as it reduces the risk of choking.
- Convenient and Portable: The gel packs are compact, making them easy to carry and store in a med kit. Their small size ensures that even a basic first aid kit can contain several of them without taking up much space.
- Shelf Stability: Unlike some food items that can spoil or degrade over time, glucose gel packs have a reasonable shelf life, ensuring that they maintain their efficacy even if stored for extended periods.
- Broad Utility: Even for individuals without a known risk of hypoglycemia, glucose gels can be beneficial. In emergencies, stress, physical exertion, or lack of food can lead to drops in blood sugar levels. Having a quick source of glucose can be vital in such situations to ensure proper brain function and physical stamina.
- Easy Monitoring: Glucose gels provide a controlled and known amount of glucose, making it easier to monitor and adjust sugar intake, especially compared to candies or sweets which might be used as an alternative.
Grade A Honey Packets
Honey isn’t just a sweet treat. It has natural antibacterial properties and can be used as a wound dressing to promote healing and prevent infection. Additionally, honey can provide a quick energy boost if consumed.
Natural Antibacterial Properties
One of honey’s most notable attributes is its natural antibacterial properties. These properties are attributed to its low water content, high acidity, and the presence of hydrogen peroxide, all of which create an inhospitable environment for bacteria. When applied to wounds, honey acts as a barrier, preventing external contaminants from causing infections. Its viscous nature also provides a protective layer, shielding wounds from further physical aggravation.
Promotion of Healing
Honey’s natural composition aids in the healing process. Its osmotic nature draws out excess fluid from wounds, reducing swelling and pain. Additionally, the constant moisture provided by honey creates an optimal healing environment, promoting cell growth and tissue regeneration. This not only speeds up the healing process but also reduces the chances of scarring.
Energy Boosting Qualities
Beyond its medicinal uses, honey is a powerhouse of energy. Composed primarily of glucose and fructose, it offers a quick source of energy. This makes it especially useful for individuals experiencing a sudden drop in blood sugar or those in need of a rapid energy boost, such as athletes or individuals engaged in strenuous activities. The natural sugars in honey are easily absorbed by the body, providing an immediate source of fuel.
First Aid Splint
Having a First Aid Splint in a med kit is crucial for the following reasons:
- Immobilization: Splints stabilize and immobilize fractures or dislocated joints, preventing further injury and reducing pain.
- Reduces Swelling: Immobilizing an injury can help minimize swelling and tissue damage, promoting faster healing.
- Temporary Solution: In situations where immediate medical attention isn’t available, a splint provides a temporary solution to support the injured area until professional care can be sought.
- Versatility: Many first aid splints are malleable and can be shaped to fit various parts of the body, making them suitable for a range of injuries.
- Prevents Complications: Proper splinting can prevent complications such as nerve damage, increased bleeding, or misalignment of broken bone fragments.
Duct tape is a versatile addition to a medical kit for several reasons:
- Wound Closure: In the absence of medical sutures or for temporary wound management, duct tape can be used to close small to medium-sized wounds. It can keep the edges of a wound together, promoting faster healing and reducing the risk of infection.
- Blister Prevention: When applied over a hotspot on the foot or other areas prone to blisters, duct tape can reduce friction and prevent blister formation.
- Splinting: Duct tape can be used in conjunction with sticks or other rigid materials to create a makeshift splint for broken or sprained limbs.
- Waterproofing: It can be used to cover and protect dressings or bandages from moisture, ensuring that wounds remain dry.
- Equipment Repair: Beyond medical uses, duct tape can be invaluable for repairing gear in emergency situations, such as torn clothing, broken tent poles, or punctured water containers.
- Securing Items: Duct tape can be used to secure bandages, hold cold packs in place, or even immobilize a sprained joint.
- Creating a Barrier: It can be used to cover wounds or burns, acting as a barrier against dirt, insects, and other contaminants.
- Removal of Foreign Objects: The adhesive side of duct tape can be used to remove splinters, thorns, or cactus spines from the skin.
Having Cetirizine in a med kit is a prudent choice for several reasons:
- Allergic Reactions: Cetirizine is an antihistamine, making it effective for treating allergic reactions. These can arise from various sources in emergency situations, such as insect bites or stings, certain plants, or unfamiliar foods.
- Non-Sedating: As a second-generation antihistamine, cetirizine is much less likely to cause drowsiness compared to first-generation antihistamines like diphenhydramine. This is especially crucial if you’re in a situation where you need to remain alert and responsive, such as during a natural disaster, hiking, or while operating machinery or vehicles.
- Duration of Action: Cetirizine provides relief for up to 24 hours with a single dose. This extended duration means fewer doses are needed over time, which can be advantageous in an emergency situation where resources might be limited.
- General Allergy Symptoms: Whether it’s seasonal allergies, a reaction to dust, or pet dander, cetirizine can offer relief from symptoms like sneezing, runny or itchy nose, and itchy or watery eyes. Having this relief can make a difference in one’s comfort and ability to function in an emergency.
- Skin Reactions: Apart from respiratory allergy symptoms, cetirizine can also alleviate allergic skin reactions such as hives, rashes, or general itchiness.
- Compact and Long Shelf Life: Cetirizine tablets are small and have a relatively long shelf life, making them easy to store and maintain in a med kit for extended periods.
Individually Wrapped Ibuprofen
Including Ibuprofen in your med kit is beneficial for the following reasons:
- Pain Relief: Ibuprofen is an effective analgesic, helping to alleviate pain from injuries, headaches, toothaches, and other ailments.
- Anti-inflammatory: As a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), it reduces inflammation, which can be particularly helpful for conditions like sprains, strains, and arthritis.
- Fever Reducer: Ibuprofen can help lower body temperature in cases of fever, providing comfort and relief.
- Menstrual Pain: It’s effective in relieving menstrual cramps and associated discomfort.
- Safe & Widely Used: When used as directed, Ibuprofen is generally safe for most individuals and is one of the most commonly used over-the-counter pain relievers.
- Compact: Individually wrapped tablets or capsules are easy to store and don’t take up much space in a med kit.
Single-Handed Spinning Tourniquet
Having a Single-Handed Spinning Tourniquet in your med kit is advantageous for the following reasons:
- Rapid Bleeding Control: Tourniquets are designed to quickly stop severe bleeding, especially in limb injuries, which can be life-threatening if not addressed immediately.
- Single-Handed Operation: The spinning design allows for easy application with one hand, which is crucial if the injured person is alone or if the other hand is injured.
- Prevents Shock: By controlling excessive bleeding, tourniquets can help prevent the injured person from going into shock, a critical condition that can be fatal.
- Temporary Measure: While waiting for professional medical assistance, a tourniquet provides a temporary solution to manage severe bleeding.
- Compact and Lightweight: Modern tourniquets are compact and lightweight, making them easy to store in a med kit without taking up much space.
- Life-Saving: In situations where severe bleeding is present, especially in traumatic events like accidents or gunshot wounds, a tourniquet can be the difference between life and death.
Chest Seal Non-Vented Adhesive Dressing for Open Chest Injury
Including a Chest Seal Non-Vented Adhesive Dressing for Open Chest Injury in your med kit is vital for the following reasons:
- Prevent Tension Pneumothorax: Open chest injuries can lead to air entering the chest cavity but not escaping, causing a life-threatening condition called tension pneumothorax. A chest seal prevents this by sealing the wound.
- Maintain Pleural Pressure: By sealing an open chest wound, the chest seal helps maintain the pressure within the pleural space, ensuring optimal lung function.
- Immediate Response: In situations where professional medical care might be delayed, a chest seal provides an immediate intervention to manage open chest injuries.
- Prevent Contamination: The adhesive dressing acts as a barrier, preventing dirt, debris, and contaminants from entering the wound, reducing the risk of infection.
- Easy Application: Modern chest seals are designed for quick and straightforward application, even by individuals with minimal medical training.
- Life-Saving: Open chest injuries can rapidly deteriorate if not addressed. A chest seal can be the difference between life and death in such scenarios.
QuikClot Gauze is an invaluable addition to any med kit, particularly for those venturing into remote areas, engaging in high-risk activities, or preparing for emergency situations. Here’s why:
QuikClot Gauze is impregnated with a hemostatic agent, which rapidly accelerates the body’s natural clotting process. In life-threatening situations where severe bleeding occurs, every second counts. Traditional methods might take longer to stem bleeding, but QuikClot acts swiftly, reducing the time taken to achieve hemostasis.
Additionally, the design of the gauze allows for its easy application. When faced with a wound, especially in high-stress situations, it’s crucial to have a product that can be intuitively and efficiently applied. With QuikClot, the process is straightforward: just pack the gauze into the wound and apply pressure.
Moreover, severe bleeding can lead to shock, organ failure, or even death if not quickly addressed. In scenarios where professional medical attention might be hours away or entirely inaccessible, having QuikClot on hand can mean the difference between life and death.
First Aid Powder for Blood Clotting
Including QuikClot Gauze in your med kit is essential for the following reasons:
- Rapid Hemostasis: QuikClot Gauze contains a hemostatic agent that accelerates the body’s natural clotting process, helping to stop bleeding quickly.
- Life-Saving Potential: In situations with severe bleeding, timely clotting can be the difference between life and death, making QuikClot a vital tool in emergencies.
- Easy Application: The gauze is designed for simple and straightforward application to wounds, even in high-stress situations.
- Minimize Blood Loss: By promoting rapid clotting, QuikClot reduces the amount of blood loss from injuries, which can prevent complications like shock.
- Safe to Use: QuikClot Gauze is designed for safety and has been used by military and emergency medical professionals worldwide.
- Compact and Lightweight: The gauze is easy to pack and doesn’t take up much space in a med kit, ensuring it’s always on hand when needed.
Medical Gauze (Individually Wrapped)
Including Individually Wrapped Medical Gauze in your med kit is beneficial for the following reasons:
- Wound Dressing: Medical gauze is primarily used to dress wounds, providing a protective layer that helps prevent infection and further injury.
- Absorption: Gauze effectively absorbs blood and exudate from wounds, helping to keep the area clean and promote healing.
- Versatility: It can be used for various purposes, from padding and cushioning a wound to cleaning and debriding it.
- Sterility: Being individually wrapped ensures that each piece of gauze remains sterile until use, reducing the risk of introducing contaminants to a wound.
- Compression: When folded and applied with pressure, gauze can help control bleeding from open wounds.
- Support: It can be used in conjunction with medical tapes or bandages to secure dressings or splints in place.
- Compact and Lightweight: Individually wrapped gauze packets are easy to store and carry, making them a practical addition to any med kit.
Single use Super Glue
Having Super Glue in your med kit is advantageous for the following reasons:
- Wound Closure: Super Glue can be used to seal small cuts or lacerations temporarily, acting as a barrier against dirt and contaminants.
- Quick Action: It dries and sets rapidly, providing an immediate solution when traditional wound closure methods might not be available.
- Reduces Scarring: By keeping the edges of a wound closely aligned, Super Glue can help reduce the potential for scarring.
- Waterproof: Once set, Super Glue provides a waterproof seal, ensuring the wound remains dry.
- Pain Reduction: Sealing a wound with Super Glue can reduce pain by preventing air and contaminants from irritating the wound.
- Compact & Convenient: Super Glue tubes are small and lightweight, making them easy to store and carry in a med kit.
- Alternative to Stitches: In certain situations, especially when immediate medical attention isn’t available, Super Glue can serve as a temporary alternative to stitches.
Leukotape P (Medical Tape)
Including Leukotape P (Medical Tape) in your med kit offers several advantages:
- Strong Adhesion: Leukotape P is known for its strong adhesive properties, ensuring dressings, bandages, or splints stay securely in place, even in moist conditions or during physical activity.
- Blister Prevention: When applied over areas prone to friction, it can help prevent the formation of blisters, especially during hiking or prolonged walking.
- Joint Support: It can be used to provide additional support to weak or injured joints, reducing the risk of further injury.
- Versatility: Suitable for various applications, from securing gauze to wound sites to stabilizing injured areas.
- Durable: Resistant to moisture and sweat, Leukotape P remains effective even in challenging conditions.
- Hypoallergenic: Designed to minimize skin reactions, it’s suitable for individuals with sensitive skin.
- Compact & Lightweight: Rolls of Leukotape P are easy to store and don’t take up much space in a med kit, ensuring it’s always on hand when needed.
Antiseptic Towelettes Wipes (individually packaged)
Including Antiseptic Towelettes Wipes in your med kit is essential for the following reasons:
- Infection Prevention: These wipes are designed to clean and disinfect wounds, reducing the risk of bacterial infections.
- Immediate Cleaning: In situations where water and soap might not be readily available, these wipes provide a quick and effective way to clean hands or skin surfaces.
- Versatility: Beyond wound cleaning, they can be used to sanitize hands before attending to injuries or after potential exposure to contaminants.
- Compact & Convenient: Individually packaged wipes are easy to store, take up minimal space, and ensure each wipe remains sterile until use.
- Safe for Skin: Most antiseptic towelettes are formulated to be gentle on the skin while effectively killing germs.
- Pre-treatment: Cleaning a wound with an antiseptic wipe can prepare it for further treatment, such as the application of dressings or ointments.
- Reduces Irritation: By cleaning wounds of debris and contaminants, these wipes can also reduce the potential for irritation or prolonged healing.
Anti-Itch Cream (Hydrocortisone)
Including Anti-Itch Cream (Hydrocortisone) in your med kit is beneficial for the following reasons:
- Relief from Itching: Hydrocortisone provides immediate relief from itching caused by insect bites, poison ivy, eczema, or other skin irritations.
- Reduces Inflammation: As a mild corticosteroid, hydrocortisone helps reduce inflammation and redness associated with various skin conditions.
- Prevents Scratching: By alleviating itchiness, the cream prevents scratching, which can lead to open sores, infections, or prolonged healing.
- Versatility: It’s effective for a range of skin conditions, from allergic reactions to minor skin irritations.
- Compact & Convenient: Tubes of hydrocortisone cream are small and lightweight, making them easy to store and carry in a med kit.
- Reduces Swelling: Hydrocortisone can help reduce swelling associated with skin reactions or irritations.
- Safe for Most: When used as directed, hydrocortisone is generally safe for most individuals and provides quick relief from discomfort.
Elastic Bandage Wraps
Including Elastic Bandage Wraps in your med kit is crucial for the following reasons:
- Support & Compression: These wraps provide support to injured areas, such as sprained ankles or wrists, helping to reduce swelling and pain.
- Versatility: They can be used for various purposes, from holding ice packs in place to providing compression for muscle strains or sprains.
- Adjustable Tension: The elasticity allows you to adjust the tension, ensuring the right amount of compression without cutting off circulation.
- Reusability: Unlike single-use bandages, elastic bandage wraps can be washed and reused, making them a cost-effective addition to your kit.
- Stabilization: They can help stabilize joints after injuries, preventing further damage and aiding in the healing process.
- Securing Dressings: The wraps can be used to hold gauze or other dressings in place over wounds.
- Compact & Lightweight: Rolled up, they take up minimal space in a med kit but can be stretched to cover large areas when needed.
Nitrile-Vinyl Blend Exam Gloves
Including Nitrile-Vinyl Blend Exam Gloves in a med kit is a prudent decision for several critical reasons:
- Protection Against Pathogens: The primary function of these gloves is to protect both the caregiver and the injured individual from bloodborne pathogens and other contaminants. When dealing with open wounds or body fluids, it’s vital to have a barrier to prevent the potential transmission of diseases.
- Allergy Considerations: While latex gloves were common in the past, many individuals have developed or have existing allergies to latex. Nitrile-vinyl blend gloves provide a safe alternative, reducing the risk of allergic reactions.
- Chemical Resistance: Nitrile gloves, in particular, are known for their resistance to a variety of chemicals. This can be especially valuable if you need to handle or apply specific solutions or medications during first aid.
- Durability and Puncture Resistance: The blend of nitrile and vinyl in these gloves offers a balance between flexibility and strength. They are less likely to tear or get punctured compared to some other types of gloves, ensuring a consistent protective barrier.
- Improved Fit and Dexterity: The blend allows for a snug fit, ensuring that the caregiver can maintain dexterity. This is crucial when dealing with small items or performing intricate first aid procedures.
- Hygiene: In any situation where hygiene is compromised, such as in the outdoors or places without immediate access to sanitation, having gloves can be instrumental in preventing infections and ensuring proper wound care.
- Versatility: Beyond immediate medical applications, gloves can be useful for a variety of tasks in an emergency, from handling potentially contaminated items to basic sanitation tasks.
Foil Mylar Thermal Blanket
Including a Foil Mylar Thermal Blanket in your med kit is essential for the following reasons:
- Temperature Regulation: These blankets reflect up to 90% of body heat, helping to retain warmth in cold conditions and prevent hypothermia.
- Emergency Shelter: In adverse weather conditions, the blanket can serve as a makeshift shelter, protecting against wind and rain.
- Compact & Lightweight: Despite their effectiveness, these blankets are incredibly compact when folded, taking up minimal space in a med kit, and are feather-light.
- Versatility: Beyond warmth, they can be used to signal for help due to their reflective nature, making them useful in survival situations.
- Prevent Shock: In trauma situations, maintaining body temperature is crucial to prevent shock, a life-threatening condition. The blanket helps stabilize a victim’s temperature.
- Waterproof & Windproof: Made from durable Mylar material, these blankets protect against moisture and wind, further aiding in temperature regulation.
In conclusion, a well-stocked med kit is more than just a collection of items. It’s a lifeline in emergencies, and having the right tools can make all the difference. Ensure that your kit is equipped with these essentials, and you’ll be prepared for whatever comes your way.